For the past two years, the Republican-controlled House of Representatives has been advancing an agenda that favors the wealthy and the well-connected at the expense of hard-working American families. They’ve stood shoulder-to-shoulder with President Trump instead of standing up for the values this country was built on.
The midterms offer an opportunity to reject that path and elect leaders who will actually fight for their constituents on the issues that matter most—leaders like Chrissy Houlahan.
Chrissy Houlahan is a veteran, entrepreneur, and engineer. As a business leader, she ran socially responsible companies that helped create hundreds of jobs in Pennsylvania. Houlahan is dedicated to expanding economic opportunity and would put working families first while fighting against policies that benefit special interests.
See how Chrissy Houlahan's stances on key issues compare to the Republican-Controlled House:
- Passed legislation that would have ripped health care away from 777,000 Pennsylvanians and raised premiums.
- Passed a tax scam that hands the top 1% an average cut of $55,000, while hiking taxes on millions in the middle class. The law will add $1.9 trillion to our deficit, setting the stage for Social Security and Medicare cuts.
- Weakened the background check system and passed a bill that would force states with strong gun laws to comply with lax gun laws from other states.
- Failed to protect DREAMers, who contribute $357 million to Pennsylvania’s economy.
Will protect the rights of women and families to make their own health care decisions and advocate for parental leave, as well as expanded protections for women from both discrimination and abuse.
Has vowed to protect and strengthen the Affordable Care Act to realize its goal of universal access to affordable, quality health care.
Will work to support good-paying jobs and advance programs that improve economic security for Pennsylvania families.
Will fight for a path to citizenship for DREAMers and work across the aisle on comprehensive, bipartisan reforms to fix our broken immigration system.
Has been a long-time champion for protecting our environment and will prioritize efforts to combat the grave threat posed by climate change.
With newly drawn maps that make Pennsylvania districts fairer, PA-06 voters have an opportunity to elect someone who will represent their values better than the Republican-controlled Congress has.
We can help elect Chrissy Houlahan in November, but it won’t happen on its own.
It’ll take people like you stepping up to ensure your neighbors, family, and friends understand what’s at stake in this election, make a plan to vote, and join this fight.
Fired up? You’re not alone! Team ’18 is bringing together people like you across the country to do game-changing work every day between now and November 6. You don’t have to be a political expert—you just have to be passionate about making a difference. Learn more
PA-06 in the News
"[Houlahan’s] background will help her make the right decisions on health care, education and how to prepare the workforce for a changing economy."
“Before Chrissy Houlahan decided to run for Congress in southeastern Pennsylvania, she made a list of things she felt anyone serving in that body needed to understand. At the top were how to protect the country, how to grow the economy, and how to educate the nation’s children.”
- Check your voter registration status.
- Register to vote.
- Commit to vote in November.
- Find your polling place and other Election Day information.
- Pennsylvania has new congressional maps in the 2018 election. If you’re not sure if you live in PA-06, look up new map information here.