Organizing for Action is seeking full- and part-time interns to support our mission of empowering everyday people to become more civically engaged in their communities.
OFA interns will have the unique opportunity to work closely with staff in protecting the progress we've made over the last several years. Departmental placements are available across the organization and could include grassroots organizing, training, digital communications, press, and fundraising. In your cover letter, please specify what type of work most interests you:
- The organizing team builds and strengthens our volunteer chapters by recruiting and training talented new leaders to the movement.
- The editorial team (including email, social media, and press teams) work across platforms to amplify the work of our volunteers from across the country.
- The development team establishes strong relationships with our donor base to ensure the financial stability of our programming.
Accepted interns will be paired with departments based on their stated interests, qualifications, and availability.
About Organizing for Action
Organizing for Action (OFA) is a non-partisan, issue advocacy organization committed to growing the grassroots movement by training, educating, and activating civically engaged community members across the country. We are proud community organizers who are building this movement community by community, one conversation at a time. The millions of Americans who have taken action with OFA are part of a long line of people who stand up and take on the big fights for social justice, basic fairness, equal rights, and expanding opportunity.
The ideal candidate is a highly motivated individual with a strong desire to learn, and a commitment to OFA's mission of “respect, empower, include.” Requirements of the candidate include:
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Strong desire to learn and work in the field of public service, grassroots organizing, or political engagement
- Project management skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work independently while also being an effective member of a team
- Strong attention to detail, ability to think critically and creatively
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Strong commitment to changing the world
What else should you know?
The intern position is located at OFA headquarters, based in Chicago, Illinois.
Please note that full-time positions are a minimum of 28 hours a week for 11 weeks.
OFA is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.