Rick Crawford is a Climate Change Denier
"He also fielded a question regarding climate change and President Obama's environmental agenda. 'There's not sound science to support some of the initiatives that the President, I think, is committed to. We know that some of the research was faulty and it drove a lot of the agenda for a long time. and then it turned out there were some questions about the validity of that research.' 'I don't see a lot of the green initiatives that are being talked about being supported by scientific data, but more supported by political agendas.'"VIEW SOURCE
What climate change means for Arkansas
- In July 2011, President Obama declared a major disaster area in Arkansas due to severe storms and flooding, which affected nearly 400 residences and required $8.2 million in federal assistance for cleanup.
- ￼Warmer spring temperatures may make ragweed, which can cause hay fever and trigger ￼asthma attacks, bloom earlier. Rogers experienced a 12-day increase in ragweed pollen season.
- In Arkansas, there were close to 2,700 hospital admissions for asthma in 2011, with an average ￼charge of more than $14,000 for each stay.
- The U.S. Department of Agriculture designated the entire state of Arkansas as a primary natural disaster area due to drought conditions in the summer of 2012.
- Sea level rise, dangerous storm surges, and intense hurricanes already pose serious threats to coastal cities in the Southeast, and climate change will intensify these impacts. The Southeast experienced two billion-dollar extreme weather events in 2012. Decreased water availability is very likely to affect the region’s economy as well as its natural systems. By the end of this century, much of the Southeast will experience more than 100 days above 90°F, which in the absence of adaptive actions is expected to lead to more heat-stress-related illness and deaths, decreased agricultural production, and negative impacts on fish and wildlife. Warmer temperatures accelerate formation of smog in urban areas, exacerbating respiratory problems such as asthma.